This weekend started off a little crazy. TMI- Brian has had the stomach bug. He caught the bug from our friends and family. He started on Thursday and didn't stop until yesterday. Plus add in the fact that it snowed/iced on Thursday into Friday. I didn't go to work on Friday so I was home. It was an adventure at my house. We were orginally supposed to go to the Pocono's. Clearly Brian wasn't leaving our house! My wife guilt of leaving my sick husband home and going to the Pocono's with his mother and our nephew kicked in. I almost bagged the whole weekend. But we decided to go on Saturday morning first thing. I am glad that we did. It worked out really nicely. We got up to the house, turned up the heat because it was COLD!! We went to the ski shop, checked out the water park and then came back to go sledding!

The real fun was going to be today on Sunday! We all went to bed early so we would be the first out on the slope! We were skiing by 8:45! Not bad if you ask me! We had to get rentals and what not for Connor and a little ticket mishap but otherwise it was a success getting out & about early!
 |
| He was so excited! |
 |
| First lift ride of the day |
I left my MIL and Connor for a little while to go hit some of the slopes. I guess after four children of her own she has a little more patience's than I do! Plus she wanted me to go and enjoy the slopes! Not that Connor wasn't doing a good job, I didn't want to get frustrated at him -- I have to remember he is only six! Plus Connor is very strong willed like his Aunt Steph!
Connor is lucky to have such a cool Mom-Mom that teaches him how to ski!
Here is a video of them going down Ridge Run, a blue ski slope for the intermediates.
We ended our day with a 110 mile trip that normally takes an 1 hour 30-45 minutes to about a little over four hours! We saw seven accidents. We were very lucky that we weren't involved in the crashes. I pray for those people that were. The thing I hope they weren't doing was texting and driving. It was horrible to be sitting and moving less than 5 miles in 2 hours. But it would have been way more horrible if we were in the crashes. Thank goodness for technology and chargers!
Next weekend the whole gang is supposed to head up! It should be a good time. I am hopeful for great weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment