My senior year in high school I decide to fill up my senior year with classes that would be helpful to my future, besides english and math. I decided to take sewing, I don't recall the actual name of the class but it was a sewing class. I made my first quilt my senior year and I haven't stopped since. Here is one that I just did this past May for a friend of mine.
 |
| This is the baby quilt - with a heart on the back, M for Madison |
 |
| This was the first time that I made a quilt using the hearts on top, it was an applique process. |
My favorite latest finished quilt is a T-shirt quilt. I have made 3 previously, but this time I saw in the classes section that a class was being offered at
Needles & Pins Quilt & Fabric Shop.
This time I went to a class and learned many new tricks of the trade. I'm very proud of this quilt. It was funny, Brianne couldn't have given me any better of a selection. The shirts ended up working out perfect to have grey, white, navy, and light blue. I laid it out like a checkerboard. I also took small parts of other shirts to fit onto larger white spots. One of those two shirts in one, is the bottom left corner, Happy Valley with Everyone Love a PSU girl appliqued on top. I bought discounted fabric for both the binding and backing. For this quilt, I decided it was so large I would have someone quilt it with a professional machine. The women was recommended from Needles & Pins Quilt & Fabric Shop, she did a fantastic job. I'm really proud of this one. Next up, baby quilt, for Baby Paige, and finishing my husband's that I started in 2006 :) He's not going anywhere! He does get angry that I haven't finished it yet!
 |
Brianne's Penn State T-Shirt Quilt
|
No comments:
Post a Comment