Over the weekend I attended Emily's baby shower! Emily is my SIL- Chrissy's dear friend and now a friend of mine. Last summer I was able to really get to know Emily, Jeff and her boys while on vacation with her and our family in the OBX. This past winter Emily and Jeff had some exciting news to share, she was pregnant with twins! Well you see she already has a set of twins--the boys--Nicholas and Steven. So the second time she gets pregnant, she is being blessed with twins girls. The shower was lovely. Her girlfriends hosted the event. My MIL, SIL and I all went in on a few items to give to Emily. I've really been slacking in my crafty/sewing hobbies!! I still owe, Abby, Aubrey, and Austin a quilt! I'll get to them eventually!! I've got to get in the mood. Winter is a good sewing time of year!
I found on pinterest and a couple of blogs, Cloth Cupcakes. Simple. All you need is 4 burp cloths and 4 oneies, 4 rubberbands and 4 coffee filters and 4 ribbon pieces. See below:
| lay out the burp cloth |
| fold the cloth so it is 3 inches thick |
| fold oneies in half (I placed the sleeves on top) |
| pull the fold half into your hand (sort of pinch it) |
| roll the oneies and cloth together |
| once rolled put a rubber band around it |
| place coffee filter around "cupcake" |
| add a ribbon bow- I used curling ribbon but fabric would be nice too |
| I placed them inside of this caddy that was on the registry |
| Em was so excited! |
| I love when people enjoy my craftiness! |
No comments:
Post a Comment