Saturday, August 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

A month later...

Time keeps slippin away...into the future... Here it is a month later and I'm recapping the 4th of July. Independence Day. A day that has rich history and a day that most people are off to celebrate the independence and freedom we have. One of these days we will go ahead and take part in some of the awesome historical events that happen in the great city of Philadelphia. But until then we'll enjoy the time spent with family and friends locally.

My day started bright and early on the rainy, damp, day getting breakfast in my belly and waiting around to go to Woodstown to run the Firecracker 5k with Jen and her friends. Bill her husband and daughter Ellie with Brian rode there bikes around to kill time while we ran. It turned out to be a hot day!! Luckily the race started at 8am. I was a little disappointed with my time of 37:12 because around town I was running 10:30 minute miles. But a couple of things-- it was really hot, I usually run about 2.5/2.8 miles, not 3.2 and I didn't walk once. So go me. I don't feel so bad about myself. I was up being active vs. all the other people still sleeping!



After the 5k, we headed home, I showered and we hung out until we headed over to Brian's mom's house for the annual 4th of July pool party. It was a good time for sure. Lots of splashing off the diving board and fun times in the pool.

Aunt LuAnn and Aunt Honey

Linda~Jamie~Brianne~Joe

fun in the sun
~desserts~
No family affair ever ends without a little dessert~~ we had lots of great sweets to eat. One special dessert was for Kevin "Whoop Whoop" Kevin obtained his masters degree this year. This was our mini celebration for all of his hard work. Way to go Kevin~

You can't beat family fun in the sun on the 4th of July or any other weekend for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...