Update from July 18th:
Well, we saw Dr. Goral (nephrologist at Penn) and she was happy to see both of us. I go to her now every two weeks and she ordered blood work which had to be done this morning, which no one informed us, so I had eaten breakfast, but she said she took one test out and that it would be okay. She cut down on my Prednisone by 1/2 and in two weeks I will be down again with 5 mgs. forever. No multivitamin needed and to watch my potassium by diet and stay on sugar free things for now. And I go to Dr. Bussey (PCP) for bloodwork weekly as his office does Quest Labs and she is tied into it by computer. She will also contact Dr. Sultan and I will return to him in about 6 months and he will keep an eye on things to save us a trip to Philly.
All in all, the appointment went well and I was feeling really good. But by afternoon, I was ready to come home and take it easy. I am anxious to get this stent out as it makes things uncomfortable.
I cannot believe it has been 5 weeks already. Thankful first to God, then Michael and then all my family and friends for their help and prayers and good thoughts coming our way!
Update from last Thursday, July 26th:
They weren't able to remove the stent. It wanted to stay in!! So another 2-3 weeks and they will put me under anesthesia to take it out since the last time they weren't successful. Some some stitches hanging on.
Update from today, August 1st:
Well, I had an appt. up at Perlman Ctr with Dr. Goral this morning, and she was also upset that the stent removal did not work. I have a consultation on Friday at Perlman Ctr. at 7am. Dr. Guzzo is a urologist who will remove the stent by looking with a scope and see why it is lodged in my bladder. So hopefully, this procedure will be done soon as I am looking forward in returning to work by August 27th. I do realize I will still have many more appts. and blood work to continue for at least 6 months or so.
Dr. Goral also predicts I will have to have the parathyroid surgery in the near future. This problem started before transplant but she felt the new kidney would have taken care of that. So not happy about that but she is treating me with meds that is currently controlling my numbers for hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism.
I have to say that there are many days that I have more energy than weeks ago, but I am still limited to not doing things around the house esp. with this stent still in. So Michael is such a wonderful husband as he is still doing the laundry, vacuuming, dust mopping and taking care of me. He is back to work full time and remembers to not overdo it himself.
It has been 7 weeks and still I can't believe that I have his kidney--I will forever carry him with me where ever I go!!!
So still a long road to total recovery but I take one day at a time and thank God for each day.
As now I am a 6 year breast cancer survivor - this too shall pass. In a year, it will be easier for me and so thankful to my family and friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for your continued prayers and support for my Mom and Mike we appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment