Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The beaches along coastal Highway 1

So we took over 500 photos on our trip to California!! Here's a bunch. I couldn't select my favorites to post to the blog so I broke it down day by day / adventures!!

I couldn't get over the beauty as we would drive down and back up the coast from San Francisco to Santa Cruz and back to San Francisco! It is unlike anything I've ever seen. Jersey shore, Maryland beaches and North Carolina even Florida beaches all have something to offer but this wasn't like anything I've seen before. The cliffs were just unreal. It was so breathtaking! We were very excited to see the Pacific ocean.


Yup it's cold!
if you look hard you can see little dots...that is kite surfers!

Our feet have touched the Pacific Ocean! Boy it was cold.
~blog~ (we brought home that rock)

~great vacation~
we were about six stories below our car was parked up there!
~BS~

~Brian is pint size~
The hazy photos aren't from my bad camera skills it was so windy that the sand was blowing all over. I can only imagine how it is to be in a sand storm. It was hurting our skin! The sand was more corse than at any other beach I've been too. If you look in the distance you can see Brian ahead of me in the photo. I was too busy writing in the sand!
~hazy~
beautiful~
In the photo above my lovely mature husband decided that he wanted to pee in the Pacific Ocean. He hurried up and jumped over and took care of business before a lady that followed us could see what he did! She was the nice women who took our photo. Her husband kite surfs. I couldn't help but wonder does anyone work around here! It was a Tuesday afternoon! Maybe they own a surf shop and could afford to go out and have fun for the afternoon. She said they live in Santa Cruz. So who knows!


This was the next beach that we stopped at. We only made a quick pit stop because we wanted to try to catch the sunset back in San Francisco. (We didn't make it we tried) 



 Goodbye! It was a good ride. This last photo was looking back down where we just were. It was amazing. I'm so glad it wasn't foggy like it was the whole first few miles earlier in the day when we first started driving! What a great afternoon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...