My friend Jenny from book club introduced me to Crossbridge Community Church.I've mentioned that I'm interested in finding a church. I wanted to get back into going to church and I just didn't know where I wanted to go. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to St. Mike's aka St. Claire's around the corner. Mind you I've been there three times in almost five years of living here. Did I wanted to go to the Methodist church as the end of my road. I went there once too. Where did I want to go to church? You know it isn't always easy to find a place to go to. Especially when you're in it alone. Brian isn't really interested in finding a church or going to church. So I was in the game alone and wanting to find somewhere to go with the hopes that I can convince him to go with me one day.
I decided to take Jenny up on her offer to go to church with her one Sunday. I guess I went for the first time back in late February. Let me explain-- Crossbridge Community Church doesn't have a "church" they meet at my high school. They meet in the cafeteria! I wasn't so sure about that. But then again, I thought after viewing there website, it is kind of smart. They just started the church less than ten years ago, why pay the overhead before you're ready and financially able to have your own building. I was really surprised how they make the cafeteria look so "homey" they have drapes, lighting and an awesome worship band that helps you forget you're in a high school cafeteria. That first Sunday that I went the message was all about "a church for the unchurched." They want to be the place for people to call home that haven't been to church consistently over the last three years. Everything that the pastor spoke about that day was me. I thought wow...this might be a place for me to come to. I have gone back consistently over the last couple of months. It has been really good for me. I realized how great of a place it is. They messages are just so on target to my life. I find them very interesting and I think for now it is a nice place to go and attend a church service. The attendees are great people, really nice and friendly. It also helps that I know Jenny and her husband. They've attended for a few years now. It is a good place to go on Sundays. The crowd is pretty young, lots of 30/40 somethings. Lots of kids, but they have kids programs. So I am happy I took the leap and tried it out. For now I will pray that Brian will one day try it out with me. I'm not asking him to go all the time. Just once in a while.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment