I can not believe it has been one whole year. Even though my Mom dealt with some set backs initially after the surgery which can be read here. She is doing amazing. Mike is doing amazing too! Organ donation is so important! We're so lucky that my Mom was able to easily find a match. Her husband! I hope you are signed up to be an organ donor. If you aren't you can go to the Gift of Life website and learn more!
My Mom & Mike recently went on a Disney vacation with my sister and her family plus her in-laws. Not only did they get to spend time at the happiest place on Earth they used it as an excuse to celebrate! My Mom was having a birthday a couple days after they would get back and two week later it would mark one year post kidney transplant. Indeed it was a great celebration of life trip! Plus quality time with the grandkids never hurts!
![]() |
| ~Mike and Mom at Epcot~ |
God is Good!
We're so thankful, lucky, happy and all the other adjectives that you would want to describe that my Mom is in good health! We're also very very lucky that Mike was a match and our process to find a donor was much easy than what many families go through.
My Mom posted this morning on Facebook:
One year ago today, Mike and I were in surgery. Mike gave me the Gift of Life by donating his kidney. Today, I am very thankful and I feel wonderful! I have annual checkups with both local and Philly nephrologists and blood work. I thank God each day for another day of life. I thank my husband, Michael and my family and friends. Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment