Sunday, October 13, 2013

Perfect 10

Wow. I ran 10 miles today. For the second time this year!! Who would have thought two years ago that I could do this.

I am so proud of myself.


Today I took part in the CGI Women's Perfect 10miler. A few months ago I decided that I wanted to do this race. It seemed really cool-- women only, flat course, fall, same park that my MIL plays tennis at.


~we did it~

I signed up and told my friend Jen at work about it. She said that sounds really cool. I'm going to sign up too!! We both run about the same pace so we ran it together! I totally think that running with a same/close to same paced person makes a huge difference. Not once did I think am I done yet, nor did I think where is the finish line. I genuinely enjoyed the run. Her stride is a little longer so at first we had a little space between us but that was ok! We both decided around mile marker five to stop for a quick potty break. I think that was a good choice to make. I felt 100% better. Plus I almost felt like it was a pause and restart mentally. I was ready to finish this race.

I was really lucky that my mother-in-law came with me, she drove this morning and waited in the windy weather. I am so glad she was there to support me! She took great photos of me and Jen too.

my MIL rocks! 


My thoughts about this race:

  • I could have kept going after the ten miles. Which is great because I'm going to sign up for the Wild Half in May two weeks after Broad Street. 
  • Running with a buddy who is your pace is the best.
  • I finished ten miles today. Not many people can say they have done that. 
  • I'm ok with the fact I only ran a tad faster than Broad Street. 
    • Broad Street: 2:02:26
    • Perfect Ten: 2:02:16
I think the biggest difference was I felt 100% better than Broad Street. At Broad Street I was done by mile 8/9. I think with BS, I knew where I was headed-- straight all the way to the end. With this race, we turned, curved, ran straight, I didn't have a clue where we were going. I think that helped a little too.   I also put pressure on myself to finished under two hours with BS. I would be lying if I didn't say today I was hoping to finish under two hours at mile nine, but I was ok with it. I just ran a lot further than I normally do. Go us for finishing!

So happy & proud.


________________

The other night Brian asked if I quit blogging. I said no I just haven't done it in a while. I hope my desire to blog comes back!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Steph! You are so amazing! :) What an awesome accomplishment. Sounds like it was a really fun race.

    Love seeing you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...