Monday, October 31, 2011

Homemade Halloween Costume~

Oh Olive Oyle-- I made my own costume!

It was really easy.

Top: Route 66 - $7.99 K-Mart red v-neck 
White fabric already in the sewing chest

Bottom: Black Express skirt, in my closet
White duct tape- $4.99 JoAnne's Fabric

Shoes: Style & Co Boots, in my closet
Ski socks, in my sock drawer

Dark Brown hair: Mine! I pulled it back~






It's not perfect! But I tried!

I flipped up the cuffs and added some white around the sleeves.
I forgot to take an up close photo of the skirt. But it was really easy and cheap. I just duct taped it on, with white colored tape.

I originally purchased a costume from a famous Halloween store but didn't have much luck. I got it home, it was ripped, and stained with deodorant! I figured I'd call the store, and they said they would take it back. I figured since it was ripped and gross, I would try it on. I tried it one and boy was I a stuffed sausage in it! I don't think it was correctly labeled in size! OR they sized it poorly! Soo off it was to make my own version. I think it worked out well!

My Popeye looked good with his store bought outfit. We did stuff his "muscles."
Looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...