Monday, November 28, 2011

Extreme Savings!

A couple of weeks ago I went to my local Shop Rite to get my grocery shopping done and to buy a couple of Thanksgiving items. 

My food shopping adventures start out by cutting out the coupons from the Sunday paper, and using the e-coupons from SR's site downloaded to my key tag. I circle any stuff that is on sale and I need plus I write a list as to what needs to be replenished of our everyday staples. I am no extreme couponer by any means but this shopping trip I had a lot of coupons to use. I think it was because they essentials were going to be on sale pending the Thanksgiving shoppers. 

I was supposed to go food shopping on Sunday but that didn't happen so I went on Monday after work after dinner! I didn't get out of the house until about 8pm! I was actually thinking it would be a good shopping trip since it would be empty! I guessed right, it was me and the re-stockers in the store! It worked to my advantage. I always go to the food store with either cash to pay or a limit that I will spend using my debit card. Another thing that I always do is on the back of my shopping list, I estimate the cost of what goes in my cart. It takes way too long to use a calculator with the exact prices! So if something is  $2.49, it becomes, $3 on my list or if I get produce and it is $0.79 per pound, I will weigh it and if it says 2lbs, I will round up to $2. This helps me keep to my estimated budget. This shopping trip was an extreme case! I knew I wanted to stay under $120 bucks and I did I spent $112.86 but the best part was--- I saved almost as much as I spent!! I saved $104.70!!! I will never be like the extreme couponers and spend $1,000 and only have to pay $4. But I was sooooo excited for this savings! It really made me happy! I thought woohoo look at me go! The biggest savings for me each shopping trip is always to purchase things on sale!!



This was how long my receipt was!!! Longer than my yardstick for sewing! Well worth the time and energy of shopping for over an hour with coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...