I've mentioned on this blog about how Brian & I are saving to make over our kitchen. The thing about making over our kitchen is that we need to keep saving up money for it! When either of us are interested in making a large purchase we have a discussion about it see if it is needed, practical and so on. Well I have also mentioned how I'm thankful that Brian enjoys cooking and takes pride in making his food for others to eat. He had been searching on the internet for a smoker, that is a great, but come on buddy... We're saving for a new dishwasher, stove, cabinets, etc. So when he said that the average smoker is about $300-400. I said babe, that is a dishwasher, I don't think we need a smoker! I suggested he look up online how to make one! Wrong answer!! He did look it up! He did find a way to make a homemade smoker!
A filing cabinet!! Yes...look it up on YouTube! It has all the ideas you could ever want and all of the items that you need to make one! Total cost to date: $50, about $60 total when all said and done!
 |
| dumpster dive: his work was getting rid of this |
 |
| ventilation for the smoke |
 |
| replace the bottom of the drawer with a grill grate |
 |
| he added in the temperature gage |
 |
| ~another brilliant idea~ |
 |
| he tied in the propane line from a trash picked grill |
 |
| look at that smoke |
 |
| it works... |
**Yes, my husband had this smoker working in my garage! Yes, he had both doors open, yes I did yell at him to get it out of the garage! I can't believe he does some of the things he does, but so far we've lucked out with not destroying anything. The smoker got about 120 or so degrees, he would ideally like it to be 220 degrees. He has some more work to do to figure out how to make this smoker work. He is just so handy some times! I think he will smoke some hot dogs at first. They are cheap and ok to toss out. I don't want to "try out" real food on it until we know it works!!
To be continued!
No comments:
Post a Comment