Saturday, March 31, 2012

Finished my first 5k

Today!! It was the day!!
5,000 people signed up! We were in the back (photo by Brian)
My sister Staci, Chrissy, sister-in-law and myself ran and finished our first 5k!! We signed up for the Phillies Charities 5K. As you may recall from a pervious blogpost about running I used the couch to 5K to train! That was the best for me. This morning was supposed to be cold and rainy. Luckily it was only cold and no rain until after we finished it was misting.

Excited and Nervous before (cold too)
My goal was to not walk and finish. I did both!! Staci, Chrissy and I stayed together for most of the run. Towards the end home stretch we separated a bit. I enjoyed it but sheesh it was tough running in that sized crowd. We had to dodge walkers. No this was not a run and walk, just a lot of people that couldn't run. I wish they would have moved to the side to make room for the runners.

There we are!! See me with the baby blue jacket.

Chrissy was tossing her headband. I wanted a high five! Staci is smiling away!
Looking back, I think I should have hit the bathroom one more time before we started running. I had plenty of options to use prior. Note: I took a photo just like this on my phone, but Brian snapped this one below. It was great. I would definitely keep up with running. I'm looking forward to signing up for more 5k's. Maybe one a month until Thanksgiving??? That's a goal to have and it will also keep me on track to losing my 20 pounds. I've lost 11, only 9 more to go!! But let's be real, the most important part of the weight loss journey is that I've been making healthier choices and exercising a lot more.
Great minds think alike...There's Aidan.
Thank you Staci for signing up for the Phillies 5k. You made me determined to achieve my goal of doing a 5k. It has been on my list for a while and I too now can have it crossed of my "to do" list. Chrissy, I'm happy that you joined in on the fun!! What a fun memory to have to have started this running journey about eight or nine weeks ago with my sis & sil.

We did it!! 
So proud of myself 
Caught Sean mid bite of pretzel.
Yes- my sister just had Abby less than a year ago and she finished her first 5K. Way to go! I hope I'm that fit too after having a baby!

~Me & Kelly~

My Stats
Time: 36:04 {goal: I wanted to finish under 40 minutes}
Pace: 12:37
Overall: 3,449 out of 5,000
Gender Place: 1871
Age Place: 780

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...