Back in the middle of March we switch over living room around!! I mentioned it
here but I haven't had time or creative blog writing moments lately. I'm so happy we did finally change our room around. It makes the room feel larger and more welcoming. Now that we have new blinds and a new look I feel like we have a new downstairs! We were even able to add an additional end table in the room! The extra end table was in the dining room being the catcher of everything.
 |
| ~now~ looking into living room |
The picture collage was a kit. We bought it from BedBathandBeyond. We had it on our registry I think or we just bought it with gift cards. It sat in the BS room for over a year and half until we decided where to hang it and what photos to include.
 |
| ~now~ from the other side of the couch |
The TV wires are staying. We're not going to drop them behind the plaster. That is just asking for troubles. If we had sheetrock then we would do it. Next to the oversized couch is the "cubes" they hold al off our blankets and three dvd's that we own. I actually think one VHS tape is in the bottom too!
 |
| ~now~ in sitting on the oversized couch~ |
We repurposed the plates and hung them in the corner. Oh and if you notice on top of my window there is a happy meal toy, complements of my brother. He is always placing things in odd places for us to "find."
 |
| The view at the bottom of the steps. |
This lay out really opens up the living room. I feel like it is more inviting. Our house is not large by any means, it is perfect for our life right now this lay out really works. Brian would LOVE to have a recliner. I don't think that is happening. It would make the room feel cramped! Maybe we'll get one for the basement if we ever get a TV downstairs.
 |
| the old layout |
 |
| the old view |
The TV is now hanging where the plates use to be hanging. Look at those curtains!! This is what was hanging when we purchased our home. It took us over three years to finally decide what we wanted to do. What a difference!
 |
| old photo, this is now open space |
When we got our blinds I lost the ability to put photos on the window woodwork. So it was perfect to use the collage. Right now the collage has a mix of our us and our family. I look back and think, we should have done this a long time ago! I could have been on the DIY show-- the only cost that we spent was on purchasing a wall mount. We picked that up for under $100. So it was a great room make over. I think this will be more conducive for our family events at our home. I love it! We even moved the star that used to be in the old layout into the dining room.
 |
| ~the current state of the dining room~ |
No comments:
Post a Comment