| ~Summer of 2009~ |
I asked my Mom to write an update for me to post on my blog for others to hear how she and Mike are doing. I figured that would be easiest!
So here it is she wrote this yesterday(Monday, June 25th) after getting back from a check up.
Mike and I returned to Perlman Center (part of UPENN) for our check up, my second, his first. He of course is trying to get back to work before they will allow him to. Possibly next week for only 2 days and 1/2 day of work only. He has gotten a new picture of how you feel when you have to take a return trip up to Philly, he is feeling tired right now. Otherwise, he is doing great and all his stitches will eventually dissolve. He returns in 3 weeks for a check up.
I am doing wonderful since they removed all but 2 staples. I feel better movement and my nurse practioner said they had to come out as they looked red and irritating me. I also saw Dr. Najii who was the surgeon I met last July. He finished up what she was doing and will see me next Monday.
Another great thing..............NO MORE TESTING MY BLOOD SUGARS 4 TIMES A DAY!!! YES. My fingertips were getting very sore. I will continue to eat diabetic, low sodium meals for now. They did adjust some of my medicine like increasing my bloodpressure med as they can't figure out why the pulse rate is high. Hopefully, when I hear from her this afternoon, she will lower the predisone, too. This med may be increasing the heart rate.
All in all, we realize to listen to what they are telling us, Mike is doing fantastic with giving me my meds and doing little jobs in the house but not lifting more than 10 lbs.
I may have my girls help with vacuumming and collecting the dust bunnies that are lining up in the hallway! Other than that...we are all set. Lots of meals have been coming our way and we so appreciate everyones help and thoughts and prayers.
Barbara aka Mom
_______________________I can't believe it was two weeks ago that they were both in UPENN on the 4th floor at Rhoads! How time flies!! They are both doing awesome in my eyes! It is something else. Medicine and science is really fascinating. I am so thankful that everything is working out really well so far!! So I encourage you all to look into being a donor or talk about it with others! You never know who might need a transplant! I'll keep you posted on how they are doing post transplant!!
No comments:
Post a Comment