Well the whole reason we traveled to San Francisco is because of Public Relations Society of America, aka PRSA. I've been a member for the last five years and prior to that I was a very active PRSSA member, just add S for student. I haven't been to a conference since Detroit in 2008. Between life and work it hasn't been in the cards to go the last couple of years. I was happy that I was able to attend this year. I was also happy that we as a couple could afford to swing this work adventure into a vacation for Brian & I. I figured if I have to go across the country and neither of us had been to California we were both going!
We stayed at the Mariott Marquis for the first four nights and then we moved to the Comfort Inn the last two nights to be closer to the water/Fisherman's Warf. The second hotel was believe it or not really nice! And it was in a much better neighborhood then the first!
 |
| opening music for the day |
I was lucky enough to hear from some wonderful keynote speakers. In addition to the keynote speakers I attended smaller breakout sessions. They have four different tracks to chose from and I picked what interested me the most. During the smaller sessions it was nice to be able to ask questions and be in a smaller setting. I also realized how poor some of the topic descriptions were in the book because the talk sure didn't match the description in the book.
 |
| It was really cool to hear from the creator of Twitter! |
I also plan to be a better my skills and be a more dynamic speaker after hearing some poor speakers! Don't get me wrong some of the sessions and the presenters were amazing but a few weren't very good public speakers! I mean come on-- this was a PRSA conference after all with rooms full of PR people that were critiquing them! That's a little intimidating in itself! But at the end of the day it is great to be a part of an organization with peers that have such great ideas to share.
 |
| Research is important~ |
 |
| co-founder of Pandora~ |
 |
| Nathan is a consultant for SHC! |
Next year my home chapter, Philadelphia is hosting!! How exciting is that!! I was a part of PRSSA when it was hosted in Philadelphia. I'm really excited to participate again as a professional with the planning and hosting of this event.
No comments:
Post a Comment