Sunday, October 7, 2012

Take me out to the ball park


On Sunday, September 9th the B family was off to the ball field. Brian's family are Yankee's fans and why not go watch them play in Baltimore that is much more affordable. So 13 of us adventured to the game. When you have a large family and you are planning an outing--it doesn't hurt to call group sales! So being the planner that I am I did that. We were able to score tickets in two rows: six on one row & seven on another and we only had to pay one flat service for of $6!! (Lesia's two friends joined the family outing) Just proves how the ticket outlets get your money from your with all those darn fees. 

The one bummer part of this family adventure...my MIL Lesia wasn't able to make it! She was off playing tennis for the USTA Mid Atlantic Finals!! They won!! They are off to California to this beautiful resort to represent the state of New Jersey!! We missed her at the game but we were very excited when we got the call in the middle of the game letting us know that her team won!!

left photo: Lesia is hugging and her teammate is excited! right photo: the team plus a proud grandkid!
Before we went into the stadium since it was a 1pm game we had a picnic lunch in the parking lot...well not really the parking lot we weren't allowed to "tailgate" so we sat at a couple picnic tables on the other side of the street. That worked out really well. It also helped our pocketbooks with eating before we went it. The prices were high I think it was $10 for chicken fingers and fries! We knew we'd be heading out to dinner so one meal out is enough in my book.


The weather was beautiful! It was about 75 degrees and sunny, perfect day for a ball game except when you are roasting in the sun!! Needless to say it was HOT! Luckily about four innings into the game the sun shifted and we were in the shade. It was a great game to be at because the Orioles and Yankees were tied in the series. I'm not baseball expert here so I totally could be wrong. 


This ballpark was really neat it was the 20th anniversary of the stadium. I do have to say I enjoy our Citizens Bank Park better. During the 7th inning Taylor and Connor were getting restless a little so we were taking turns taking them for walks and you can't see the ball game from the concourse so I thought that was a little lame. I guess we're spoiled in Philly with that ability. It was a great game the Yankees won. We got to see Cal Ripken Jr. on the screen he was announcing the game for TBS I think. It was a lot of fun. I'm glad we were able to create this family memory! 

The family group shot!
I'm a little delayed on blogging about The Life of SB!! I've been busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...