Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Quality time in the Pocono's

I'm a lucky girl that Brian's mom owns a second home in the Pocono's. She rents it out to great people through VRBO.com This winter she decided to keep two weekends for us to make sure we got some skiing in this year. We were up here last month in January. The weather was about 30 degrees warmer a month ago.



My MIL and I were able to leave on Friday before the anticipated "Nemo" storm was on its way in. I don't recall winter storms being named, but it was Nemo. We got up here in time for Happy Hour at Boulder View Tavern. Gotta love half priced apps and drinks! We drove back to the house knowing that no one else was going to come up due to the weather conditions. Better to be safe than sorry.



We were both a little bummed. But we knew we would still have fun. It was definitely a lot quieter going to bed vs. the last time the house was packed. It was a shame because no snow even fell in southern New Jersey! Just some ice from the switch over from rain and the temperatures dropping. However in the Pocono's we got over seven inches of new fresh snow!

Once we woke up we could hear the wind whipping around. We saw the thermometer reading a whooping 19 degrees. About 9:30 we figured we'd get dressed and head up to the lodge because the weather is always different on the mountain. Well it wasn't too "cold" we bundled up and hit the slopes. It was very very powdery. The first two runs were a little rough we had to get our "groove" on and then I had my confidence and decided to hit the black diamonds. We skied for about two hours. It was great. I'm so glad we made it outside.


We were able to go to a Snow Ridge Village owners event at the lodge. Some appetizers were supplied and everyone brought a covered dish. It was nice to get out and see some familiar faces that we're used to seeing on the slopes. They even had a video looped that showed the village being constructed. It was great.

On Sunday we woke up to 12 degrees. We chose to clean up the house before we went skiing. It was a good choice. The sun came out and was shining so bright. You know how people say "it was a perfect beach day" well it was a perfect day to ski. We did more runs than we could count and had fun while doing it. I also took my turn at being a producer and shot a video with the flip cam! I'm so happy we went.  We had a nice drive home! I even finished my book!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...