I can't believe this time last year, I was two weeks into couch to 5k. I was gearing up to run my first 5k with my sister and sister in law.
I was doing a really good job running until about a month ago. It has been really really cold. Too cold for my liking to be outside. I was hoping to start this new 10k runner app. I figured that would get me out of my slump of my standard two to three miles I had been doing. This app was a minor $3.99, it helps coach you 3 times a week for 14 weeks. The thing about this app though, it has you start as if you've never ran, it is almost a do over of couch to 5k. I think I'll be able to skip a couple of weeks. My eye on the prize is to get a bib for the Broad Street Run in May. This is the first year they have ever done a lottery to get into the race. But my real prize is going to be the Organ Donor Dash 10k on April 21. I'm going to join my friend Satyra's team. I've gotten to know her over the last couple of years from working out together. She donated a kidney to a stranger and was a great support person for me to talk with before my own step dad donated his kidney to my Mom. I'm hoping that some others will join in on the fun for the Organ Donor Dash. They have a 1 mile walk, 5k and 10k.The weather has been my enemy. I'm hoping to start my running program
So let's hope for the best moving forward with running. As long as the weather breaks soon and it is a little bit warmer I should be on my way!!I'm not going to go outside unless it is at least 32 degrees. That's what I did last year. I would get up at 5:30 and run before work. I really have been wanting to check out the running store for a reflector of some sorts and new sneakers.
I do have to say one of my most favorite runs in the last couple of months has to be when I was in Orlando in late November and I got to run around the Disney properties and see the Christmas decorations.
*******I registered for the Broad Street Run! I'll see in just a few days whether or not I've got a spot! If it is meant to be it will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment