Thursday, January 31, 2013

Raise your glass

Well this past weekend on Saturday night Brian & I traveled an hour and half north to attend a work function. It was a Winter Gala-- with Gala Chic attire. A family at work was "raising our glass" to toast the work of one of our doctors and the money was going to benefit my work. A few days before the event I tried on a dress and came downstairs to show Brian that I was going to wear this purple dress Saturday night. In the most lovingly way a husband can say "you don't look good too tight" you're not wear that are you? So needless to say the next night after work I hit the mall on the way home. I went to Macy's first and found over a dozen dresses to try on... all on the sale or clearance rack. I put two dresses on hold and went to Penny's, Boscov's and the Limited. Needless to say I found and bought a black dress at Penny's and two, purple and royal blue dresses at Macy's.  I was shopping alone so I figured I'd let my husband give me some thoughts again. My awesome friend/extended family (my sister's sister-in-law) Meg was going to do my hair for me. So I naturally wanted another females honest opinion. I brought the three dresses she voted for the royal blue dress. She did my hair - it was awesome- she did two braids and a side pony really cute! I was bouncing between the royal blue and black. The purple lost once I got home because that was the most expensive.

We drove up and hung out in the hotel for a little while before we finished getting all dolled up to head downstairs to the party. Brian and I voted blue! I was nervous I would be over dressed or underdressed. But I was just right! It was really nice the event was attached to the hotel so no need to worry about driving or anything. I go to a lot of events both alone and with Brian. This we both agreed was one of the best! It was also really nice because we had two tables of our employees and spouses/dates. This gala event was more like a wedding! About 330 people, a live band, wonderful food and drinks. They had the most baskets and silent auctions I have ever seen! One of our docs spoke it was wonderful. Adam the host and father prepared an amazing speech. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. He and his wife and the rest of the team did a wonderful job. I think the grand total is going to be around $45,000!! It was a great night to be a part of. It also rejuvenates me in my work and my family life. Our friends and family are so lucky to have such healthy children.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...