We couldn't wait for her to come on. Once it was her turn she performed stand up for about an hour and ten minutes or so. We couldn't stop laughing. She is really funny. She may be controversial, out spoken and loud, but hey-- she is funny. I know some people can't stand her, but others love her. I think she is funny and I'm so glad my Mom & I went! She is out doing a comedy tour before she does a big HBO special. She talked about her life, kids, friends, told us stories, interacted with the audience. It was fun! The crowd was diverse for sure- straight, gay, old, young, and everything in between. The message that she left us all with for sure was about her massive heart attack that she had in 2012. She told a statistic about how 30,000 women die from breast cancer each year and 300,000 die each year from heart disease. More people hear about the breast cancer awareness not as much with heart disease. It was moving to hear her personal story. She of course kept a funny bit going with her somber story. She definitely kept the night going longer than I thought. It was well worth the money for the tickets. I'm so glad my Mom & I went. I was happy we got to go, another one for the books!
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Comedy Club Night
We couldn't wait for her to come on. Once it was her turn she performed stand up for about an hour and ten minutes or so. We couldn't stop laughing. She is really funny. She may be controversial, out spoken and loud, but hey-- she is funny. I know some people can't stand her, but others love her. I think she is funny and I'm so glad my Mom & I went! She is out doing a comedy tour before she does a big HBO special. She talked about her life, kids, friends, told us stories, interacted with the audience. It was fun! The crowd was diverse for sure- straight, gay, old, young, and everything in between. The message that she left us all with for sure was about her massive heart attack that she had in 2012. She told a statistic about how 30,000 women die from breast cancer each year and 300,000 die each year from heart disease. More people hear about the breast cancer awareness not as much with heart disease. It was moving to hear her personal story. She of course kept a funny bit going with her somber story. She definitely kept the night going longer than I thought. It was well worth the money for the tickets. I'm so glad my Mom & I went. I was happy we got to go, another one for the books!
Labels:
adventures,
drinks,
food,
fun,
memories,
my life,
philadelphia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment