Sunday, March 2, 2014
Ready to run in 2014
Well it is official. I have started training for the spring 2014 races. I'm excited, nervous and most of all proud. I can't believe it. I have signed up for a 5k, 10k, 10 miler, and half marathon so far & all before June! Whew. I can't believe the last one... 13.1 miles. Yup. This girl is going to do a half marathon! The same one that started couch to 5k in 2012~ Well many races and miles later. I'm still enjoying it.
I consider myself a runner. I've lost weight, chosen to eat better, and train for races. I buy running clothes, running socks and shoes. I think that makes me a runner. I by no means come in first place and I have yet to finish last. I finish, each race and that is all that matters. I put my mind to something and I do it!
I am lucky to have a great running team -"It will be fun" and some other encouraging friends and family. I have my scheduled training program printed out and on the fridge so I look at it daily, I cross off when I finished that workout. I feel accomplished. I have had a set back already. I'm a week behind, but you know what this winter hasn't been very friendly to getting outdoor runs in. I don't have a gym membership nor a treadmill at my house. I guess it was part lazy part busy last week. No more excuses. Mind over matter, I'm in this to win it! Well win it by finishing what I have signed up for.
The Wild Half is going to be special, so many first time half runners from our group. Plus it is also special because in 2012, it was my first race that was more than a 5k, it was the 8k at the Wild Half race. Pshh... 4.97 miles, that was so hard at the time. Now I can easily run 4-6 miles. Well I shouldn't say that. I need a couple of weeks to build back up to that, but for the most part it is a nice length to run now. I hope that I will not get discouraged over the next 10 weeks while I train for the exciting races ahead. Also that 13.1 miles will be 10 days before my 29th birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment