We went and picked up our Christmas Tree two weekends ago and I needed to make a new Christmas skirt. Last year our Christmas Tree skirt was so gross after our experiment with a gel water keeper around the tree. It left my tree skirt gross and messy. So the store bought skirt went into the trash after three Christmases.
I went to JoAnn's Fabric and purchased a discounted Christmas pattern of fabric. I attempted to use this website to make the tree skirt. Well I am not a good direction follower when I have something in my mind!! I used the website for the size of the fabric. I just went with it~ I was pretty pleased!!!
 |
| Off to find our tree!! |
Materials:
- 1 1/2 yard of fabric
- 1 1/2 yard of batting
- Scrap fabric--3 inches wide
- Pins, scissors, sewing machine
I folded the fabric into fours, and cut off the square parts of the fabric and it left me with an oval shape. (Almost like you would fold paper in half and cut out a "heart".) I layered the batting and fabric and pinned down the three inch wide fabric to the fabric and sewed it all together. After the red scrap fabric was sewed onto the pretty fabric I quickly stitched around the skirt to hold the fabrics together. This project took me about an hour and half I would say. It was simple, I just rolled with it.
 |
| Cutting the circle for the tree skirt |
 |
| ~pretty fabric~ |
 |
| Pinning it down to sew it together. I quickly quilted it together. |
 |
| I was a little nervous about it not being perfect but it works! |
 |
| No one is going to see the back...no need to use full fabric! |
 |
| It looks great under the tree! |
 |
| just enough red is showing to make it look like it is fully covered |
Another sewing project under my belt! Next up bibs-- but for this project I think I will follow a pattern a little more closely!! I hope I am successful~
No comments:
Post a Comment