Friday, February 10, 2012

Blinds

Note- these are not the best photos snapped but it shows you the point!! I just got new custom blinds from Budget Blinds! I am beyond pleased! They are a franchise type of a company. It sort of reminded me like having the tupperware consultant coming to your house! I first looked at JC Penny's but I was not impressed with the 70% off sale priceds. I also was nervous with the diy measurements. I had my Mom and Mike measure since we've never bought blinds or shades before.  Well after meeting with the JC Penny folks, I started looking around. I found Budget Blinds. 

I would highly recommend anyone to Tiffany. She came out to my house, brought a huge selection of samples and measured. I met with her on a Wednesday night-- we wanted to wait until the weekend when we could see the choices in the daytime. We matched the color of the faux wood blinds to our front door. 

We picked our selection, paid half down and she called two weeks later to set up a time to come out and install. Did I forget to mention that the installation price was included in the base price?! I'm so glad that was the case, plus they have a five year warranty. 

during the day

~up close~
We did both our living room and our dining room, I wanted to make sure they didn't discontinue the style or color before I bought the next set for the other room. The only thing that separates the rooms is our staircase. I decided on the faux wood vs. the real wood not so much on the cost but on the fact that the faux wood won't fade. The sun is shining bright in the front of our house all day long. When I took the curtains down that were hanging-sheesh they sure were faded. I didn't want the real wood to fade as badly as the faux wood. I am so happy we finally decided three years later. 
at night

double window
Next upgrade in the in the living room is to buy a new tv stand for our living room. We're probably going to go to Howard Hill to purchase it. We looked at a corner entertainment center/stand about two years ago when we bought my sewing cabinet. Ahh the joys of owning a home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...