Sunday, February 19, 2012

Crock Pot Cooking

Brian belongs to the Sportsman's club, basically a man's club/hang out. They have dollar beers, darts, pool table and shuffle board. The men rotate bringing food to eat. Last Thursday after the gym I stopped at ShopRite to pick up some sausage, onions, peppers, tomato sauce to make our favorite crock pot version of this italian delight. We add a couple special ingredients that gives our version a "wow" factor. I prepped the stuff Thursday night so I could just put everything in the crock pot Friday morning before work. Friday morning, I was putting the stuff in the crock pot and I thought it was too full, but I figured it wold cook down. I filled the crock pot to the brim. Now mind you-- I have three crock pots! The white one I used is the largest, a black one that is medium sized and a blue one that is small oh and the little dipper crock pot! I should have known better to use two crock pots! The thought crossed my mind at 6:45 am! But I again figured it would cook down. BAD IDEA! I am thankful that my house didn't burn down! 

I couldn't believe my eyes!

I forgot to take a picture of the floor!! 
All down the dishwasher and on the floor. Also inside the pot!!
For some reason, I could only think to myself Oh Sh*t!! I tried to start cleaning it up and transferring the meal out of the one crock pot and into another. I called Brian he was luckily about 5 minutes away -- he didn't believe me! I also felt like I had an "Ameila Bedelia" moment, those books were always a favorite of mine when I was young. We quickly cleaned up, tasted the food to make sure it didn't burn and got everything good to go.  

I think I might throw out the crock pot. The inside of the pot has burnt on sauce. I don't know how safe I feel it will be once it gets hot again and the burnt cooked on sauce on the inside. I have learned my lesson NEVER overfill a crock pot!!

On a happier note, the men raved about the sausage! They couldn't get over how good it was! Of course Brian took a picture so he could show them what happened in case it tasted really bad!! Guh! This is one for the books. I still can't get over that I did that. I know better than to do something like that. I am just thankful my house didn't catch fire-- you never know!

~the crazy figurine's outside of the bakery~

Oh and I can't forget I stopped at Del Bruno's Friday morning to get rolls. It is right off 295 in Runnameade I think it is or Haddon Heights. Best place ever! They are $2.80 for a dozen, they come right out of the oven and you pick them up! It was a breeze going in before work and not near a holiday! This place is jammed when it is near a holiday! They are still hot-- I  had to eat one on the way into work! They are so yummy. 

So that was my adventure of making food for the men's club! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...