Friday, May 25, 2012

Meet & Greet at SHC

It's not every day you get to meet Miss America!! A couple of weeks ago Laura Kaeppeler came to visit the patients at my work. Before she left I took a photo with her. She was very nice and great with all of the kids. Miss America's crown was damaged and she decided to go with her crown pin since it was getting fixed. I would have thought Miss America would have had a back up crown. Must be tough! Just kidding, they really do work hard to get to where they are. I couldn't do it for sure.  They offer scholarship programs and she said that will pay for her law degree. She also mentioned that this is the best internship she could ever have. She knew this was an experience of a lifetime and valued it. Her platform is Circles of Support - Mentoring Children of Incarcerated Parents. I've got a great job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...