noun
1. a material object without life or consciousness; aninanimate object.
2. some entity, object, or creature that is not or cannot bespecifically designated or precisely described: The stick had abrass thing on it.
3. anything that is or may become an object of thought: thingsof the spirit.
4. things, matters; affairs: Things are going well now.
5. a fact, circumstance, or state of affairs: It is a curious thing.
Last Tuesday 5/15 we learned that a thing is just that a thing. A material object without life or consciousness. But the definition above doesn't describe that you can have attachment to a thing. I'm very happy that my husband and brother survived and walked away from the thing last week. I'm also very sad for the thing. The thing of it is...we could have been sitting in a hospital visiting either of them or planning funerals. But we didn't we were happy that the thing is replaceable and my husband and brother are not.
This doesn't mean that I'm not sad for the loss of the thing. Over the last nine years we have been working on this thing. I say we because Brian and I have been through it all together over the last nine years. We have spent many nights in each others company when he was working on the thing and I was hanging out in the garage with him. I'm sad for this to be gone. I am sad for my husband. I know this was his pride and joy.
But I'm happy at the end of the day that two very important men in my life are still here to talk about it.
1. a material object without life or consciousness; aninanimate object.
2. some entity, object, or creature that is not or cannot bespecifically designated or precisely described: The stick had abrass thing on it.
3. anything that is or may become an object of thought: thingsof the spirit.
4. things, matters; affairs: Things are going well now.
5. a fact, circumstance, or state of affairs: It is a curious thing.
This doesn't mean that I'm not sad for the loss of the thing. Over the last nine years we have been working on this thing. I say we because Brian and I have been through it all together over the last nine years. We have spent many nights in each others company when he was working on the thing and I was hanging out in the garage with him. I'm sad for this to be gone. I am sad for my husband. I know this was his pride and joy.
But I'm happy at the end of the day that two very important men in my life are still here to talk about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment