Monday, April 25, 2011

Cake Balls by Bakeralla

I've been reading Bakeralla for sometime now. I enjoy looking at things on the website and thinking about I think I can pull that off. So I figured I would give it a whirl for my nephew Aidan's 3rd birthday party. It was a Mickey's playhouse theme. My sister did a hot dog and sliders bar and other great side dishes. She purchased a cake and made cupcakes, and I made cake balls.

*I'm not a food blogger with a fancy camera, but here are my images that I captured as I made them!

I decided on the Red Velvet Cake Balls, but I made mine to be Cake Pops!
make the cake mix as it says on the box for the 9x13

Next up add in the can of frosting
 Bakeralla said it was going to be easier to mix with your hand, so I did. I am glad I did, even though I was afraid I was going to have "blood" red hands. I luckily didn't!
start rolling into balls insert pop stick
 After I started rolling the balls about a tablespoons worth of mix, added it on the cookie sheet with wax paper. Brian cut the white pop sticks in half, I inserted them into chocolate then into the cake balls. That allowed it to have something to "stick" to. After I did all of that I let them refrigerate over night I got about 48 balls out of a 13x9 cake.
trick is to dip the stick in a little melted chocolate then it sticks better

Dip in chocolate, add in jimmy's or sugar

I had to taste test :)

The players

yummy--very rich and sweet.

The party table

~The happy family~

We had a nice afternoon at the Collins' house. It event turned out to have beautiful weather out!  Everyone loved the cake pops! I think I will make them again for some party or work.

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering for some more of them after reading this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...