Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cherry Tomato Pasta Toss

8 oz pasta
2 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 package Cherry Tomatoes, halved
3 T chopped fresh basil, packed
Salt & Pepper to taste 
shredded parmesan cheese (optional)

Cook pasta in boiling water per package directions. Drain. While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a wide skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and stir until golden, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, increase heat to medium-high and simmer until tomatoes are softened and juicy, about 6 minutes. Stir in pasta and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with parmesan cheese. 



My sister gave me this recipe. It was so yummy. I'm not sure how it will taste re-heated tomorrow at work. So we shall see! (Brian hasn't eaten yet, I'm sure he'll pick out the tomatoes) It was a quick meal to make. I'll make it again for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure how it would taste with dried basil, the fresh makes it amazing. I always use minced garlic and the whole box of pasta too! :) Oh, and it reheats very, very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the basil used to be fresh, it was still a little green :) I did pull it off the basil plant in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...