Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake - 8/23/2011

{Well since I've been too busy this week to blog... I've a lot of posts I would like to catch up on! Normally I'm posting a head of the game, but not this month, I'm back dating so it all makes sense when I turn my blog into a book at the end of the year!}

I work on the 9th Floor of my building. I was sitting in my office, my co-worker Brian was working on my computer because I couldn't get the darn CD to burn correctly. He said to me, "Does your chair have a loose screw it is vibrating and moving." I replied, no... Then that was it! My chair on the other side of my desk that I was sitting in was "shaking" then my window started to rumble like they were going to burst open. We both looked at each other and said ugh what was that! (It happened around 1:45pm)

So since above us is the roof and we have an outside balcony, I walked outside and yelled up to the roof "ANYONE UP THERE" You see my office window leaks some times when it rains really bad. So I assumed that the guys were up there working on the roof prepping for this weekend. Then all of a sudden, our maintenance director is being called into our boss's office. I turn to Facebook and it is blowing up! We had an earthquake. Being that I work in PR, I luck out and have a TV in my office. I turned it on to see Ukee Washington live in the news room! It was the most bizarre feeling ever. I'm glad it didn't last long, and I'm glad that no one was hurt.

Later on we found out the the quake hit western of Richmond, Va. and it was a 5.8 on the scale. It was felt in several states in the Eastern region. No after quake shocks were felt. It is funny lots of people evacuated the high rise buildings but were later told that was the worst thing that they could have done!

I can now cross off that I've felt an earthquake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...