Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Money Tree

Last year in prep for my wedding, a co-worker/friend of mine Amanda and I went to a wedding show at the NBC 10! Show. The entire audience walked out with goody bags. One of the items in the goody bag was a gift card to 1-800-Flowers.com. I wanted to order flowers, but I thought they will just die. So I opted for a plant. This is the exact plant I bought with the gift card : Money Tree Plant.  I went with the small one for $39.99, since I didn't want to pay any of my own money I opted for that since there was a $8.95 charge for shipping or something like that. The small measures 12-24 inches! Well the left photo is straight out of the box, and the right photo is the current size of the plant!! We've had to transplant it obviously. It is really tall now, it is almost double the size of our coffee maker.

Some times I think that it does help Brian and I out and give us money, but other times I am just having wishful thinking! When my sister, brother & I were growing up my parents would often say to us, "what do you think-- we have a money tree or something in the back yard." Well I think it is funny that I do have a money tree! A real money tree!! Too bad dollars are not growing off the tree!! But either way it is a great reminder of the summer before our wedding. It is a nice plant. I think I would purchase one of these plants again in the future. Maybe I will buy it to gift it to someone!

Happy Anniversary Staci & Sean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...