Well here it is-- all week long we've been told to "stock" up have your emergency hurricane kits, batteries, non-perishable foods, water and what not. We also put everything in our garage. I wish I took a picture, if it wasn't raining I would run outside and take one! It is stuffed! Both mustangs, our entire patio set, grill x 2, and 4 trash cans. I've got 3 gallons of water(should have filled pitchers up), plenty of snacks and what not. Someone said on Facebook it would be a good idea to have extra propane to be able to grill food!
For once in the almost three years of home ownership, I'm thankful that we pay flood insurance. We live in a flood zone, one of the worst in our town. We're 2.5 miles to be exact from Floodgate Road. Floodgate Road isn't just the road that we used to go down to hang out at the "floodgates" back in 2003 the summer we graduated high school. It is "the floodgates" that hold back the Delaware River! My town is actually below the floodgates! So needless to say, as long as the floodgates don't give out, I'm not too concerned about all the rain!
I am concerned about the chance of loss of power for days! I don't mind if it goes out for a little while, less than 5 hours or while I'm sleeping. I just want to be able to not float out of my house on Monday to get to work!
So--why not have a "I clean while hurricane Irene" makes here way to Jersey. So I deep cleaned and dusted my upstairs, threw away some trash, Brian cleaned the bathroom and we did about 4 loads of laundry. I also put a pot roast, potatoes, carrots and onion in the crock pot. After I took a shower, I started making chocolate chip cookies. I used the recipe on the back of the Ghirardelli chocolate chip bag. I bought them a while ago on sale. I always keep some type of chocolate chips on hand. You never know!
We're going to play a game tonight, maybe Monopoly, I want to play scrabble. We'll see!
These are the images that are out there!

No comments:
Post a Comment