Monday, January 30, 2012

MyFitnessPal

On September 19th, (130 some days ago) I signed up for Myfitnesspal.com since that day I have lost seven pounds! Yes seven pounds. To some that is not a lot but to me it is. I have never lost that many pounds ever in my life. I have gained it but never lost. Let me explain, I have never truly dieted or watched my weight or food intake. I have always just attempted to watch and be mindful, exercise you know the stuff you are supposed to do. Well I really started doing it, and boy does it work! I actually did not gain any weight over Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years.

How it works, you join, put in your age, weight and some other things and you put in your desired weight. After you do that it calculates how many calories you should consume in a day to get to your goal weight. I currently have a goal to lose 20 pounds! I've got 13 more to go! I'd be happy with another 7 or so but we shall see how this goes! I don't care if it takes me until September to lose the rest of the weight because you know it didn't come on overnight!

I use myfitnesspal on the computer and as an app on my cell phone. I actually prefer to use the computer. It is easier to find food to enter in. But I like the app better because you can scan foods that come in packages. That is really neat. They both have pros and cons.

In addition to using myfitnesspal, I have been going to LA Fitness since September. I try to get there at least 2 to 4 times a week. Sometimes I only get there 1, 2 or 3, times a week but it happens, life and work happens. I do average at least 2 to 3 times though. It is tough with work. This week I hope to try going to the gym before work. I don't know how that will work out but I am willing to give it a try.

I think that myfitnesspal has helped me realize the most important thing: PORTIONS! I count and measure a lot of my food out! If you pour cereal in a bowl from the bag into the bowl, I dare you to pour that into a measuring cup! Look how much you over poured! I eat one cup of cereal and one cup of milk. It is plenty!! It is a lot of cereal! Even when I eat shredded wheat! I guess you would call it that I count calories. I do not deprive myself. If I want a cookie, I eat it, I also know that it was 120 calories and I need to burn that off! I try to value the food I am going to eat and is it really worth it! I don't normally track my beverages, just real food.

I think that myfitnesspal is just what I needed! I wanted to share my experience with you too. I can't forget to mention, I have a great circle of family members that are supportive on myfitnesspal and are doing the same thing. They are all using it to also help them get to there desired goal.


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...