Friday, January 27, 2012

Orange Chicken~

I started following Dainty Chef back in the summer time. I came across her blog from Studio Lime Design.  I have read her blog and felt inspired but I have only made one other recipe from her blog. I feel like I read them and say oww I'm going to make it but it never happens! I have been feeling that way lately with a lot of things that I pin on Pinterest. I'm going to try and incorporate one new recipe a week in our meals or snacks. Well when I go food shopping! I did run out to the store specifically for some of the main ingredients that I didn't have on hand.

Here is the recipe, but I would next time double the sauce. We didn't have it really coated. But it still tasted awesome. Brian ate the leftovers twice for lunch. He raved about it even being microwaved. I couldn't believe how amazing the cornstarch coating tasted. It really was great. Also this was a good teamwork dinner to make. I don't think I could have made it by myself. For one thing, I can't fry foods. I always make them taste like the oil or something. So I leave all the frying to Brian. The other thing, the directions were a little tricky, Brian added the cornstarch and water to the sauce before it came to a boil/ before he was supposed to. That is why you should always read ahead, but it was still tasty.  My photos don't do the meal justice like Dainty Chef's photo! But we did enjoy the meal. On another note, I will be purchasing a zester and juicer next time I go to Wal-Mart or Target! We served the chicken with brown rice from the boil in the bag packages. I know I love Trader Joe's fried rices, so maybe we will do that next time.

~fun with the orange peel~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...