Friday night we met up with Joel & Brianna for dinner at a local establishment, Nino Gervasi's. I love there food. The last time we went Brian wasn't that thrilled. I was happy that Joel suggested it so Brian couldn't complain! Luckily Brian had a fantastic meal! He had veal parm and made the comment, that was really good, I'd definitely go back. I do try to order something that I wouldn't make at home when we do go out to eat! I had an awesome seafood pasta dish, it had shrimp, crab meat and scallops! I haven't had any luck making scallops at home. Brianna & I shared dessert, it was A M A Z I N G! It was a layer of chocolate cake, cheesecake and another layer of chocolate cake. It was iced with chocolate mousse and topped with heath bar crumbles! The best part of the dessert it was called Stephanie Cake! Apparently a local woman in town makes them out of her home, for a minute it grossed me out that she made it at her house, but then I got over it quickly after another bite! (we can only imagine what is in restaurant kitchens let alone homes, I would guess a home kitchen is probably cleaner)
After we finished our dinner and dessert we headed off to the Blue Cross River Rink at Penns Landing. Ok I know I am not that old but holy cow! We got to the 8:30pm session and the line was so long to get into the rink, time passed quickly waiting with friends. Luckily I printed us a coupon and it only cost $8 per person and we all have our own ice skates. This is what the rink should look like.
![]() |
| photo taken from google images |
Saturday was a run around morning taking care of errands and what not. You know all the stuff you do not have time to do during the week! Well I went to WalMart and stuck out on everything I was looking for, only found one thing. I also went to NY & Co because I got an email announcing $10 pants, I thought sweet, I am going to go get some. Well they had every size but mine! I have recently been losing weight and quite frankly halfway through the day my pants are so baggy it makes me look larger than I am. So again, I struck out. Saturday night we headed to Marinos in Mullica Hill. We went on a whim because I didn't prepare dinner, Brian didn't know what he wanted so off we went. It was good, I mean, I wouldn't go out of my way to go again but it was tasty. I had a calzone and Brian had a cheesesteak. He said the cheesesteak was a little bland. I would like to try their speciality pizza's. Before we left-- Ring Ring, I got a very exciting phone call!! Brianne, Brian's cousin is engaged!! Joe proposed! I can't wait to get the scoop! She was making the "phone" calls to all to inform. I am so happy for them both.
Sunday, I was out of the house early speaking the word of SHC to a group. Then the day was followed up by food shopping, laundry and dinner. I did have another successful savings again of $76.88 and my total bill was $112. I really do love when I save over $50! I love to see the numbers on the bottom of the receipt!
It was a nice weekend, but time sure does fly by! I hope to get back to the gym this week. Time just hasn't been on my side. But I figure I'm giving space to all those "new year resolution" folks!

No comments:
Post a Comment